The June summer reading program activities were a success! Twenty-five participants signed up for the reading contest and participated in activities. Activities included making bug jars, bee hats, watching The Bee Movie, a scavenger hunt, and planting flowers for butterflies. Thanks to all who participated and to the parents and guardians for bring them to the library. There is still time to sign up for the reading contest; it runs until July 18th and all reading logs need to be turned in by then.
The summer reading program activities for July will be Monday, July 14th to Friday, July18th. This year’s theme for youth 5 – 12 years of age is Catch the Reading Bug and for teens 13 – 17 years of age, the theme is METAMORPHOSIS@Your Library. Activities start at 1:00 pm and end at 4:00 pm. Activities include arts and crafts, storytelling, and books to movies. The summer reading program is designed to encourage our youth to visit the library, read for pleasure, and maintain their reading skills over the summer.
The library has new hours
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
For more information about the reading programs please call the library at (505) 552-6280.
Young Adult (Fiction and Non-Fiction)
- Peeps By Scott Westerfeld
- Code Talker By Joseph Bruchac
- Looking for Alaska By John Green
- Avatar: The Last Airbender Series
- Graphic Horror Series
- Spider-Man Graphic Novel Series
Adults (Fiction and Non-Fiction)
- How to Survive you Freshman Year
- Starting and Running A Catering Business By Joyce Weinberg
- Touring New Mexico Hot Springs By Matt C. Bischoff
- 16 Myths of a Diabetic Diet By Karen Hanson Chalmers, MS, RD, LDN, CDE
- Athletic Fitness For Kids By Scott Lancaster
- Grill It By Chris Schlesinger
- Overcoming High Blood Pressure By Dr. Sarah Brewer
- Overcoming Diabetes By Dr. Sarah Brewer
- Troubleshooting and Repairing Diesel Engines By Dempsey
- Brake System By James Walker, Jr.
- Engine Management By Greg Banish
- Performance Welding By Richard Finch
COME AND CHECK OUT ONE OF THESE GREAT BOOKS!