Using the Internet
(Set up an email account, browse, searching, etc.)
Date: Saturday, October 17th, 2009 at 10:00 am
Location: Laguna Public Library, (505) 552-6280
There is limited computer availability. Register Early!
2nd Annual Library Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest
Enter the Library’s Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest and win a $20 Barnes and Noble Gift Card and other prizes.
Rules and Guidelines:
- No Registration fee!
- A few pumpkins will be available at the library for FREE on a first come first served basis starting October 23rd.
- Limit one entry per person or group.
- Entries are due by 6:30 pm, on Wednesday, October 28th.
- Entry must be book or character related and family friendly.
- Judging will take place by the public on October 29th and 30th during library hours.
- Winners will be announced on October 31st at 10 am and pumpkins can be picked up that day.
- Prizes will be given out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category, Youth (age 0 -17) and Adults (18 and up).
Come Out and Vote For Your Favorite Pumpkin!
Laguna Tribal Employees
We are looking for VOLUNTEERS to join us in READING to the Laguna Head Start classes in October, (6th/7th), (13th/14th), (20th/21st), and (27th/28th) Starting at 10 AM. If you are interested and for more information please call Janice at (505) 552-6280 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laguna Library Advisory Board
The next meeting for the Laguna Library Advisory Board will take place Wednesday, October 28th, 2009 at 6:00 PM. The community is invited to come and learn about what is going on in the library and share your ideas!
GOING ONCE… GOING TWICE… SOLD!
The 2nd Annual Tribal Libraries Fundraiser Silent/Live Auction and Dinner will be held on Saturday, October 10th, 2009 at Route 66 Casino. Native American Art from Acoma, Isleta, Jemez, Laguna, Pojoaque, San Ildefonso, and other tribes. Tickets are $75 each or $500 (Table of 8).
Tribal librarians in NM have dedicated themselves to continuously provide literacy, technology and information resources in their communities. To provide these much needed resources libraries need additional funding to continue and expand their services at each tribal library.
We are looking for Art Donations from the community for the auction. If you are interested in donating to this cause please contact Janice Kowemy at (505) 552-6280 or email: email@example.com. Donations will be tax-deductible.
Tickets are available through Maureen Wacondo, (575) 834-9171 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of New Mexico Tribal Libraries, thank you for your support!
Filed under: Uncategorized |