The Laguna Public Library is committed to serving the community of Laguna Pueblo as well as surrounding communities by providing access to quality information and resources that enhance and contribute to individual knowledge, enlightenment, and enjoyment through library materials, services and emerging technologies. Laguna Public Library recognizes a responsibility to provide a place for cultural learning and preservation of the Laguna culture and history; as well as creating a pleasant and safe environment for all to discover the value of libraries.
Scope of Work
Laguna Public Library serves the Pueblo of Laguna as well as surrounding communities. Our 2,800 sq. ft. facility provides traditional library services while utilizing emerging technologies to enhance opportunities for broader access to information resources. The library maintains regular hours of operation, including evening and weekend hours. Library maintains a well balanced and comprehensive resource of books, periodicals, databases, DVDs, audio books, local Laguna history materials; as well as computers, software, technology, and high-speed/wireless internet access. Other library resources include print, copy, fax, scanning, reference, programming, and inter-library loan services. The library maintains all of the above for all age groups and needs of the Laguna community. We are a public facility and welcome everyone to utilize the library and its resources.
Library Use Guidelines
Library Card and Computer Account
To sign up for a library card is FREE, a valid ID needs to be presented as well as a mailing address and two phone numbers. Valid ID’s include a Drivers License, Tribal ID or other Government ID. Children 17 and under need parent or guardian permission to sign up for a library card and computer account. You must be 5 years and older to sign up.
To sign up for a computer account, you must sign up for a library card.
To replace a library card is $5.00.
The library has a collection of about 10,000 materials. This includes adult, children, and young adult fiction, non-fiction, and audio books; as well as reference and Large print books. We have a small collection of Native American Resources and a Laguna Pueblo Collection. Also available are DVDs and periodicals.
The Laguna Public Library participates in the NM State Library Inter-library Loan (ILL) Program. The ILL program attempts to borrow materials the Laguna Public Library does not currently have, from participating libraries. See Inter-library Loan Guidelines for more information.
Technology and Software
- 12 public access computers (Dell and iMac)
- Apple TV
- Leap Frog Tag Readers and Tablets
- Computer Literacy Station Desktop and Tablets for children 2 – 13 years old
- Nook & Kindle Devices (Coming Soon)
- Native Health Resources iPad
- 3D Printer
- Charging station – Outlet and USB plug
- WiFi & High Speed Internet Access
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2013 (Word, Publisher, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- NMSU Title 5 / Laguna Public Library Mobile computer Lab – 8 Laptop computers for student use – Microsoft Office 2010
Other Library Services
- Outside Book Drop
- Accu-Cut Die Cutter
- Copying, Printing, Scanning, and Faxing
Community Archives (Coming soon)
- Laguna History
- Laguna Language
- Photos, periodicals, books, digital material
- Oral history and family stories
- StoryCorp@Your Library Model
- Summer Reading Program for Children (June & July)
- Summer Reading Program for Teens (June & July)
- Summer Reading Program for Adults (June & July)
- Annual Summer Reading Program Fun Run and Walk – 1st Saturday in June
- Dr. Seuss Birthday & Read Across America – March 2nd
- Laguna Book Club
- Basic Computer Skills Workshops
- Laguna Head Start and Early Childhood Story Time and Activity
- Halloween Activities – Pumpkin Carving Contest (Book Character) and Community Carnival
- Christmas Activities – Ugly Sweater Contest, Letters to Santa, Dinner with Santa and Gingerbread House Making
- Edible Book Contest
- Family Game Night
- Family Literacy Night
- Movie Day/Night
- School Supply Drive
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Lego Club
- Stress Free Coloring
- StoryCorp@Your Library